When the humid weather hits families begin daydreaming about exotic vacation spots or summer getaways. While calling a travel agent and booking a budget friendly vacation is important; so is protecting senior citizens when traveling.
Whether your destination is close to home or thousands of miles away, most senior citizens will want to be included in their families’ vacation plans. Their health needs to be a top priority on your vacation “to-do” lists. A Healthy Travel: A 10-Minute Consult from Harvard Medical School report gives tips for providing a safe and healthy trip for your families, including senior citizens by carrying these following items:
1. Prescription medications. Take at least a week’s supply in your carry-on (if you’re flying) and store anything beyond a week’s supply in your regular luggage.
2. Other prescription medication. Depending on your destination and personal medical history, consider asking your doctor about taking along antibiotic for self-treatment, etc.
3. Take along allergy medications, such as antihistamine and 1% hydrocortisone cream for mild allergic reactions. If you or your traveling companion has a history of severe allergic reaction, bring an epinephrine auto-injector (such as EpiPen).
5. Bring cold-symptom medications, including a decongestant and throat lozenges.
6. Have “other” medication readily available, such as but not limited too: motion sickness medication; pain relievers (such as aspirin or ibuprofen); anti fungal and antibacterial ointments; lubricating eye drops; and first aid items (adhesive bandages, gauze, an elastic bandage, antiseptic, etc.).
These healthy tips are needed for keeping senior citizens safe during a vacation, so they can enjoy it.
It is also is vitally important for senior citizens to pick the correct destination for their vacations. When senior citizens have accomplished the goal of retirement, they deserve to enjoy a great getaway that is specifically geared towards them and their age. It is first, very important that senior citizens consult their doctors guidance before departing.
One vacation idea for senior citizens is a weight photo wander. This especially is a good idea if the senior citizens loves photography. On these activities, senior citizens are able to go on led tours of beautiful spots. Senior citizens can capture moments of wonderment in nature or fun pictures of the grandchildren.
Attending a luxury cruise trip is another good idea for a vacation for middle-agers. They will enjoy finding themselves in the company of other visitors their age. These cruises include activities such as sailing trips or other friendly and cheap deals for an elderly person, on a discount. It is also satisfactory as a senior citizen if you’re confident you’re safe and sound during your expedition.
Simple trips or bigger adventures can be both exciting or scary for senior citizens. It is important to have both your health and proper destination “to-do lists” checked off and completed. This will ensure both a fun and safe vacation for senior citizens and their families.
**This article was written with the aid of the following articles**:
(Photo Credit: discoverbeautifulcruises.com)